Sunday, August 29, 2010

New Beginnings

Hi there everybody! How are you? This seems to be a very busy time of year, doesn't it?

We have two kinds of beginnings going on in our household. The first, and most exciting and important is that my baby is now a kindergartener. :) Lots of prep (like choosing the perfect dress for her first day of school), and nervousness (she woke up that morning and said she was sooo nervous and scared) beforehand, but she loves it. She has been so proud to bring her folder home everyday with a "green circle" on the daily calendar (indicating that she was a good girl all day). She loves her teacher and loves her new friends, and really really loves it that she is now "a big kid." You know me... I had the camera out while we left the house and waited for the bus. I took WAY too many pictures, and here are just a few:






The other "beginning" (really... not sure it actually deserves to be called that) is that I finally got myself off of full auto on my camera last weekend! The hubs, girl child, and I went to a little field in our neighborhood and I took pictures while daddy & Leah ran around like fools and goofed off just to humor me and let me practice with my camera. I made a few REALLY stupid mistakes, but am very excited that I took the training wheels off a little bit and actually got some decent shots. Here are a few of my favorites:







That's it for now... no stitching I'm afraid... I hear it distantly calling my name, but I've been so busy the past week that I haven't really been able to spend a ton of time on anything except maintaining day to day. And, I'm still pretty obsessed with the whole photography "thing" so it might be a little while before I really pick the stitching up again. However, I do have a bit of a crafty project brewing, probably for sometime this week. So, who knows... I may actually have some "product" rolling out of my craft room in the next post.

Thanks to all of you that commented on my last post! I got some comments from folks that I hadn't "met" before, which was very very cool, so thanks and welcome to you ladies!

Have a great week!!!
Robin


12 comments:

Brigitte said...

You made some great pictures of your sweet little daughter. And congratulations to her on being a kindergartener now.

Siobhán said...

Awww, what a sweetie pie! Time goes so quickly, doesn't it? Big hugs--I know it's a bittersweet time. I'm so glad that she settled in well. I remember some of the kids' classmates being peeled from their parents each morning & was always so thankful that the kids didn't do that to me--don't think I'd have been able to leave them!

The pics you took are FANTASTIC! YGG!

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

Thank's for sharing your pictures with everyone. What a beauty.
Be always in stitches.

natalysneedle said...

Isn't it fun to capture those moments. I enjoy photography as well and love all of your photos in this post. Beautiful.

Catherine said...

You have an adorable little girl!! Great photos!!

Congrats to her on being a kindergartener!

Laurie in Iowa said...

Your little girl is adorable. What a pretty dress she chose for her first day of school. You photos look fabulous.

Deb said...

These pictures are just wonderful! Leah is such a beautiful girl and you've taken such wonderful pictures to capture this milestone in her life (and in yours - sniff, sniff). They grow up so fast.

Your pictures are wonderful. I think you've got that camera business down great! You're going to have some beautiful pictures of Leah (and other things) to document your lives together. They're all fantastic.

Berit said...

OMG, how fantastic! The more I read your blog, the more I really want an SLR. I mean; I've always wanted one but now I *want* one, lol! :D

Leah looks adorable in her little dress for school (and the other one, too!). What a little lady!

Sherry :o) said...

Boy, you said it so correct when you commented to me the other day - mine starting his last year of school and your precious daughter starting her first - they blink by so fast! Leah looks so cute for school - I love her haircut - is it new for school too?

Your pictures are absolutely and postively way cool! You have a great week to - we have one more week 'til school...

Anonymous said...

Beautiful girl and beautiful photos! I felt so liberated when I figured out how to go manual on my camera. I'm not a pro by any stretch, but it is a fun hobby. :)

Melissa said...

The photos are fantastic, Robin! I'm so envious. I was thinking the other day I wish I could make better photos, but that means time which is spread thin enough as it is. I'm glad to see you are doing so well with yours.

Oh, your sweetie girl! Kindergarten is a big step! I still remember the teary moments!

Paulette said...

You are one talented photographer! LOVED the photos!!! And what a gorgeous, gorgeous young lady you've got there. :)

Paulette