Thursday, October 28, 2010

Buckle Your Seatbelts!

Wuuuuzzzzuuup???? How you all is?? Yes, it's really me, and I'm really doing a post. :)

I have been quite absent from the blogiverse the last month or so and I do apologize, but I just haven't been able to tear myself away from everything I've been doing long enough to sit down and post (or comment... but I have been reading!!!). It's been a sort of tug of war lately... "Hmmm.... shall I blog? Or shall I stitch (or play with pictures, or sew, or drool all over fatquartershop.com, or research a new sewing mashine... okay, and I will admit that 'Angry Birds' has had me in an iron grip the last few evenings)??" Anywho! Without boring you further with excuses or my internal bloggy dilemna, here are a few of the things I've been up to in the past month.

Olga! She's done! And I love her!!! And she's finish finished! My first ever fall finish. Yay!! Check out the frame! I usually go for the much cheaper Joann's or Michaels frames (esp. with the fabulous coupons! You know me - El Cheapo Grande), but I could not resist the frame Paulette chose for her. I'm in love, I think.


I also won a giveaway of a few charts from Natalie! I forgot to take a pic of the charts, so here's the
link instead (click on the word link). I started one of the charts. I'm doing this over one on 32 ct. linen. I was hoping to have this baby finished for Hallowe'en this year, but, alas it is not to be.


A couple (few?) nights ago I started the first of the PS Folk Art Christmas ornaments. This one is the church. I just love this series, and hope I can get more than one of them done in time to put up on the tree this year. We'll see!


I've also been busy with my sewing machine (hence the drooling all over the new one I want). I swear if it weren't for the thought of the expense of replacing windows my current machine would've been tossed out my craft room window on multiple {like, 100} occasions. Anyway, I made some camera strap covers for myself, and I made one for a friend of mine who is also a pic taking fanatic. I just love them! I don't know where I saw one on the web, but I did, and that led me to Etsy where there are some really gorgeous ones - for like $30!!! I did mention I'm cheap, right?


I made my first ever scissors fob, and I love it! The ends are a little messier than I'd like, so I found a tutorial that utilizes a "tidier" method, and am just waiting on the package from Amazon so that I can get to work on making a few more.


My dear friend and enabler, Deb (rather, her blogroll), led me to the Moda Bake Shop site this past Saturday morning, and I found this great little project for ornament balls using charm packs. I showed Leah and suggested we should make some Christmas ornaments like this. She was thrilled, and insisted (honestly, it didn't take much convincing) that we make them that day. So, we did! These aren't done, actually... I'm still waiting for the modge podge to dry (I think I might've gone a little overboard, really) before I put on the clear coat, then I have to add their hooks and ribbons. Pretty easy project, and oh so cute!


And what fall would be complete without some pumpkin patching?

Well, y'all, that's it for me this go 'round! I hope to be on the blogs more often soon!! Thanks for your patience with this slump I seem to be in!!!

Til next time,
Robin

12 comments:

Deb said...

I just love Olga, Robin!!! Ya hoo on your first every fall finish! And that frame - I can see why you didn't want to go the cheapo route with that piece - the frame is absolutely perfect (and you did a wonderful job framing it too!!!)

Like both your starts too, and don't get discouraged. If you don't get the one done by Halloween, you can always have it finished for next year.

Love those balls you made from the Moda Bake Shop - blogs are so inspiring aren't they? And love the pictures of Leah too - I'm glad that you were finally able to catch her on film - now how about Christmas pics???

P.S. Send me the link to the scissor fobs. I need to make me some as I do have a "couple" pairs of scissors! LOL

Catherine said...

Love all your goodies!! Olga looks great - are you going to stitch Boris too? Your fob is georgeous!

Great pics at the pumpkin patch!!!

Anonymous said...

Where do I begin with all the fun things I love in this post!

I WANT that frame! It is gorgeous! I haven't done Olga yet, but I did get Boris in the mail today. He is just as cute!

Your camera straps are awesome...can I pay you to make me one? I haaaaate my camera strap.

What sewing machine are you looking at? I am eyeing the Janome 7330 and the DC2010. I spend way too much time drooling over the quilt patterns in fatquartershop. I need to made one already!

The fob is beautiful. What tutorial did you use? Because I need another hobby that drains my wallet!

The ornies are lovely. A friend of mine did those last year, and I have coveted them ever since!

Fun post all the way. :)

Love to Stitch said...

Excellent job on Olga and I LOVE the frame too!!! Nice to see some many different projects that you have going on. Looks like great fun at the pumpkin patch too! Keep it up, and dont worry, you arent the only one watching time fly by!!!!

Chris said...

Olga looks great! I really need to stitch her for me.
It looks like you guys are having a great fall.

Berit said...

OMG on everything in this post--love it! :D

Congrats on your first fall finish--what a beauty!

I'm not sure what PS ornament you're talking about, so now I have to go look it up--lol! I'm on such a PS kick lately.

Those ornament balls are killer. Do Want! :D

I feel like i'm forgetting things I wanted to mention...

Oh, yes--sewing machine! Dear Marc's seamstress of a mother recommended Sears' brand, of all things. Apparently theirs are made by a good maker and then just branded by them. (I forget who.) I paid about 150ish for mine on sale last year, and happy with it (though my experience is rather limited with machines). I think it's a good choice if you want something better than whatever you're "wrasslin" with, but are not ready to shell out thousands yet.

Hey, don't worry about that blog-hole; I think we've all been in it this season!

Katrina said...

I love Olga and you are right the frame is perfect :-). The camera straps and ornaments are too cute too!

Fun pumpkin pics too.

Brigitte said...

Olga, the cat, looks awesome in her frame. Congratulations! And thanks for the link to the ornament balls, they are so cool.

Siobhán said...

Ummm, how can you post when you're busy churning out fantastic stuff, taking wonderful pics, spending time with your adorable daughter, etc., etc., etc.??? WOW!! Talk about eye candy. Your pictures are fantastic, and all your finishes are incredible. LOVE the Moda Bake Shop ornaments! I saw a similar project on there for eggs as an Easter decoration. Olga is fantastic--the frame is perfect for her! Nice start, too!

Sherry :o) said...

Wow - you've been doing a great job - and I love your fall photos. Isn't Deb fun - I see her once a month at a Sampler Guild - if we both go...she and Terri got me into this wonderful blog addiction. Looks like you have been really busy and productive.

Melio said...

LOVE the pics... especially that last one of Leah! You are on a crafting frenzy :)

Berit said...

How the heck are ya, woman? :D

Busy, I'll bet! Just hoping that you're well and that some of your busy-ness is of the delicious crafty variety!